Wednesday, April 6, 2011

what to do with a door?!

I've been wanting to make a headboard for our bed. Ever since we got rid of our cal-king water bed we've been sleeping on just box spring and mattress.. well those are set on a simple frame too. So no more head-board for us :( [I say 'just' as if our bed isn't nice.. it is, just no headboard] I've been DYING to purchase a door, but they are just so dog-gone expensive! I was driving to pick my hubby up from work a few weeks ago and saw a door chillin' on the side of the road, propped up on a tree labeled "free". As I drove past my inner craftiness yelled "MINE ! MINE! MINE! GRAB IT!!!!!!'' So I quickly stopped. Sitting in the car I thought, ''what are you thinking?!'' ''what will Cameron say???'' ''where are you putting this door?'' I almost didn't get out of the car to claim it as my own..... but what the heck?! It's free, I need one.. I have been looking for on for 3 years... DO IT! GRAB IT! And if it didn't work out, I can always toss it or label it free for someone else. So it is mine! Since then it has sat in my living room, taunting me..... pleading with me to just get it made already! [or at least started!] But what to do???? Still not sure. sorry to disappoint my readers... I haven't figured it out yet, so I guess this post is a bit of a tease... but I assure you, I'll be working on it this week to come up with a plan. AND if I'm able to remember to take pics along the way, I'll make a tutorial for you. tutorials are hard for me cuz when I get into my creative groove it's hard for me to stop in the middle of it.. that really throws off my creativeness. but I'll see what i can get done :) My ''theme'' of the master bedroom is a nautical one. but I'm leaning more towards a captain's quarters. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment